A Meeting Place for Early loss twins

This is really my twin's Enjy's place, not mine. S/He does not have any other place in this world. S/He was miscarried at age four months in the womb. We were twins and made to be together for years and we were torn apart within seconds. This is the place where I go to talk to him/her and about him/her. Anyone who has lost a twin in utero or very early is very welcome here to read and share.
Anjy

Monday, September 12, 2011

Notification from the subconscious. We've got mail!

There are two people who "know" what happened to my twin. One is my mother in whose belly it all happened and the other is me who was there when it happened. My mother couldn't see and I can't tell, so our means of finding out more about my pre-natal trauma are very limited. So far, dreams have served as a useful tool to do so.
My mother recently told me a dream she had back in 1992. Neither she nor I had ever heard of early twin loss, then. She wrote this dream in her diary at that time so o need to rely on - faulty -memory :-).
She said she was holding a male fetus in her hand. His mother had walked away and she was fretting how to put it back into the womb in time for his birth. It troubled her that she didn't know the expected date of delivery. The fetus looked about three months old, with his head much larger than his body but his sex was clearly visible.
My mother didn't think much about the dream at that time, but she did write it down so we could find it almost ten years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment